كن مراجعًا في IEEE
Contribute to the research in your field by becoming an IEEE peer reviewer. Peer reviewers fulfill a vital role in the publishing process by giving detailed and professional commentary.
IEEE publications match the topics covered in an article submission with potential peer reviewers who are experts in those topics. After identifying reviewers, the publication will send out invitations. Most invitations will include information about the article, such as the title and abstract, to help the reviewer decide if they should accept the invitation.
Receiving a peer review invitation
When you receive a review invitation, you should consider whether you have sufficient expertise in the article’s subject area. You should also consider if you can complete the review by the deadline provided in the review invitation.
- If the answer to either of those questions is “no,” you should promptly decline the invitation. Suggestions of other potential reviewers are always appreciated.
- If you decide to accept the invitation, follow the instructions in the email to signal your acceptance. You will then receive information on how to access the article and conduct your review.
Most publications use an online submission system to facilitate peer review. Once you have accepted the review invitation, you will be given access to the article. You should evaluate the article with the following questions in mind:
- Is the study well designed and well executed?
- Is the existing body of relevant work acknowledged?
- Are the results interpreted and reported correctly? Have all other possible interpretations been duly considered?
- Are the results overly preliminary or speculative?
- Does the research contribute to the body of scientific knowledge in the field?
- Is the article appropriate for this publication?
- Is the article written in clear, concise language?
Follow the publication’s instructions for submitting feedback, suggestions, and a recommended decision. Remember that your commentary should always be thorough and professional.